Some recent publications:
- E. Lafli and S. Pataci (eds.), Recent Studies on the Archaeology of Anatolia, British Archaeological Reports, International Series 2750 (Oxford 2015). Recent discoveries from across Turkey, with an emphasis on Hellenistic-Byzantine material.
- Archaeologia Bulgarica ХІХ 2015 #2: from a Chalcolithic tell to Roman water-supplies to a Byzantine church.
- Molly M. Lindner, Portraits of the Vestal Virgins, Priestesses of Ancient Rome (Michigan 2015). Portraits of Rome’s Vestal Virgins as artistic documents and political vehicles.
Please click through for contents and details.
1. E. Lafli and S. Pataci (eds.), Recent Studies on the Archaeology of Anatolia, British Archaeological Reports, International Series 2750 (Oxford 2015).
Preface, by Maurizio BUORA.
Introduction, by Ergun LAFLI.
Part II: Recent Archaeological Research in Ionia and Mysia
- Nif-Olympus Survey and Excavation Project between 2004 and 2010, by Elif
- Tul TULUNAY.
- A Site in the Territory of Nif-Olympus: Ballicaoluk, by Mujde TURKMEN PEKER.
- Pottery Finds from Nif-Olympus, by Mustafa BILGIN.
- Metal Finds from Nif-Olympus, by Danis BAYKAN.
- The Byzantine Complex at Baspınar, by Asnu Bilban YALCIN.
- Late Byzantine and Ottoman Pottery from Nif-Olympus, by Lale DOGER.
- Glass Finds from Nif-Olympus, by Uzlifat CANAV-OZGUMUS.
- Zu den Gemmen aus den Museen von Izmir, by Ergun LAFLI.
- Archaeological Researches on Milesian Agathonisi in the Dodecanese,
- Greece, by Pavlos TRIANTAFYLLIDIS.
- Production Technology of the Ancient Terracotta Beehives on Milesian
- Agathonisi Island, by Ioannis KARATASIOS and Pavlos TRIANTAFYLLIDIS.
- An Ancient Roofing System from Kastraki on Milesian Agathonisi, by
- Konstantinos SARANTIDIS.
- Conservation of the Archaeological Finds from Kastraki on Milesian
- Agathonisi, by Nektaria DASAKLI, Evangelia MICHOU, and Miranda MOUSTOUCHA.
- A Hellenistic Plate of Pergamene Production – Typological, Chronological
- and Archaeometric Analysis, by Sarah JAPP.
Part III: Coins, Sculpture and Pottery from Caria, Lycia, Pisidia and Pamphylia
- Coins of Carian Cities and Administrators from Lagina and its Territory,
- by Makbule EKICI.
- A New Relief Fragment from the Nereid Monument of Xanthus, by Nazli YILDIRIM.
- Early Cnidian Amphora Exports to Alexandria, Egypt, by Gonca CANKARDES-SENOL.
- New Evidences on the Amphora Production in the Rhodian Peraea during the
- Early Hellenistic Period, by Ahmet Kaan SENOL.
- Hellenistic Ceramics from the Cellar of the Building Complex on the
- Tepecik Acropolis at Patara, by Erkan DUNDAR and Gul ISIN.
- Hellenistic Mouldmade Lamps at the Museum of Isparta, by Murat FIRAT.
- Tonlampen aus Seleukeia Sidera in Pisidien, by Ergun LAFLI.
- Some Assessments on European Porcelains from the Citadel of Alanya, by
- Ozlem ORAL.
Part IV: Classical, Hellenistic and Roman Archaeology in Central and Northern Anatolia
- Preliminary Results on the Hellenistic and Iron Age Phases at Oluz Hoyuk,
- by Sevket DONMEZ.
- A Brief Report on the Pottery of 6th to 1st Centuries BC. from Oluz Hoyuk,
- by Gozde DINARLI.
- Archaeometric Studies on the Surface Pottery from Galatian Hilltop Sites,
- by Ali Akin AKYOL, Sahinde DEMIRCI, and Asuman Gunal TURKMENOGLU.
- Cytorus-Cide during the Hellenistic Period, by Caner BAKAN and Tevfik Emre
- Hellenistic and Roman Pottery from Nicomedia, by Emre EKIN.
- Archaeology of the Southern Black Sea Area during the Period of
- Mithridates VI Eupator, by Sami PATACI and Ergun LAFLI.
- Roman and Late Roman-Early Byzantine Coarse Ware from Southwestern
- Paphlagonia, by Gulseren KAN SAHIN and Ergun LAFLI.
Part V: Recent Archaeological Researches in Southeastern and Eastern Anatolia
- Neolithic Settlements of Şanlıurfa in Southeastern Turkey, by Bahattin CELİK.
- A Latin Military Inscription in the Museum of Elazig, by Hadrien BRU.
- Late Roman Pottery from Dülük Baba Tepesi in Gaziantep, by Eva STROTHENKE.
- Material zu Milchproduktion in der Altstadt von Ahlat, by Goknil ARDA.
- Archaeological Surveys of Ardahan in Northeastern Anatolia in 2013, by
- Sami PATACI.
- Fortresses of Ardahan in Classical Antiquity, by Zekiye TUNC.
- Medieval and Post-Medieval Christian Societies and Architecture in
- Ardahan, by Sami PATACI and Levent KUCUK.
Prof. Dr. Ergun LAFLI
2. Archaeologia Bulgarica ХІХ 2015 #2
- Remains of Wild and Domestic Animals from the Late Chalcolithic Tell
Settlement of Hotnitsa (Northern Bulgaria) …1
- Raycheva, M.: The Imperial Cult in Perinthos …23
- Ignatov, V. / Dimitrova, K.: Roman Bronze Panther’s Protome from
- Kamisheva, M.: The Water Supply of Augusta Traiana …41
- Valeva, J.: Saint Sophia Church: History of Research and New
- Mit Beitr. v. Schneider,Gerwulf / Daszkiewicz,
Malgorzata / Bobryk, Ewa / Van Binh, Nguyen / Zidarov, Petar / Klimscha,
Florian /Benecke, Norbert / Marinova, Elena (= Archäologie in Eurasien
29). Deutsches Archäologisches Institut, 2014, 350 pp., 209 tables, 74
figs. (Otte, M.)…93
- Marko ALEKSIĆ. Mediaeval Swords from Southeastern Europe (Material from
12th to 15th Century). Belgrade, 2007,203 pp., 18 plates (Yotov, V.)…95
Editor-in-Chief: Lyudmil F. VAGALINSKI PhD (Sofia, Bulgaria)
3. Molly M. Lindner, Portraits of the Vestal Virgins, Priestesses of Ancient Rome (Michigan 2015)
Reblogged this on Tome and Tomb.